Cycling in Sydney Australia
Time: October 3, 2009 at 9am to October 5, 2009 at 6pm
Location: Windsor, NSW
Street: North side of Rooty Hill Railway Station at the bottom of the ramp
City/Town: Rooty Hill
Website or Map: http://www.bikely.com/forum/d…
Phone: 9864 8797
Event Type: multiday, tour
Organized By: RobK
Latest Activity: Oct 2, 2009
3 Day Rooty Hill to Wheeny Ck and Wisemans Ferry Loop Tour
* 3 Day self-supported tour (but feel free to organise your own support vehicle). Family and friends welcome along with the support vehicle!
* The distances aren't great, but neither are some of the roads. Day 1: 57km; Day 2: 47 km; Day 3: 74 kms.
* Days 1 and/or 3 can be shortened by around 22 km each by catching the train to Windsor and starting from there.
* Camping on the first night is free. Flush toilet, but no showers or drinking water. (Carry your own or a water filter to use water from the creek).
* Camping on the 2nd night is at the NSW Ski Gardens Park on River Rd, just out of Wisemans Ferry. Cost is $7 per person & $5 per tent. I've reserved 3 tent sites at present.
* Day 2 is around 41 kms on unsealed roads and 6 kms on sealed. Day 1 has 6 or 7 kms of unsealed roads. Day 3 only has a few.
* A few good hills (read as 'I'll be walking!'), slow pace, fantastic scenery and even better company. See you there!
See the Bikely site for more route details.