All Discussions Tagged 'cars' (15)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Some sensible discussion about the future of autonomous vehicles

From ABC Radio - https://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/bigideas/will-you-drive-an-autonomous-car/11086812 There is a lot more to it…

Started by John Knight

0 Jun 6

Disruptions: How Driverless Cars Could Reshape Cities

When I was a child I had a book that dreamed the future.  One of the things in that book were cars that drove down highways (driverless) on…

Started by Pat The Rat

104 Oct 12, 2018
Reply by Bob Moore

Young people not driving cars as much

This article is on the ABC news down here in Tassie. The data, released on Thursday by Roy Morgan, indicates the number of Australians aged…

Started by noelbike

13 Feb 1, 2016
Reply by Bill Parker

Car makers believe they've found a way to ease road congestion

Found this article in the SMH Ford reckons 30% of all congestion caused by people looking for parking. I reckon 100% of congestion is cause…

Started by Jon

12 May 28, 2015
Reply by PeterT

Discouraging safe behaviour improves safety? Discuss.

Yesterday's North Shore Times has a sequel to the World Without Cars event. It's all about stopping bikes from getting in the way of cars o…

Started by Neil Alexander

41 Oct 18, 2012
Reply by Scientia et Labore

ABC: Government considers banning bullbars

Read the full article Arguments for the ban are: Bullbars kill pedestrians (and cyclists!)   Arguments against the ban: Domestic bull…

Started by Mark Lambert

83 Oct 1, 2012
Reply by Bob Moore

Quote of the day. Discuss.

"Osama bin Laden is dead but General Motors is alive", said as if this is all good. I missed who actually said it, so gobsmacked was I by t…

41 Sep 19, 2012
Reply by Jason B

A world without cars

While the Liberal candidates for Council are urging voters to give them a chance to flood Lane Cove with more cars to fill extra parking sp…

6 Aug 22, 2012
Reply by Dan

Do helmet/handlebar mirrors increase driver-cyclist communication?

Hi guys, im doing my thesis on cycling in Sydney, one point im interested to get opinions on is the issue of hostile motor vehicle behaviou…

Started by Tom Wilson

17 May 22, 2012
Reply by Adrian

GM anti-bike ad is making a Twitter storm

Some of you may have seen this ad for GM in the US where they are trying to convince students that cycling is embarrassing and that they sh…

Started by Kimberley

33 Oct 18, 2011
Reply by Kimberley

RSS

© 2019   Created by DamianM.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service