So, the time has come for me to downsize my fleet. Up for sale is my 2011 Fuji Touring bicycle, though not that much remains of the original bike - other than the main frame and seat post, everything has been changed at some point. The frame is a size small (53cm seat tube). The saddle height in the pictures below is for me, I'm 175cm tall.

No longer set up for long distance touring, it is now in a town-bike guise. I think it looks pretty damn sharp.

Highlights include:

Handbuilt wheels. I made them myself (I'm a professional mechanic). H Plus Son TB14 rims laced to a Shimano rear hub and a Shutter Precision Dynamo front hub.

Busch and Muller dynamo lights. A Luxus U on the front, the widest beam for night time riding with a USB port on the handle bar to charge a device at the same time. A Seculite mounted on the fender at the rear.

Velo Orange racks and fenders. Constructeur rear rack, porteur front rack, in both cases mounted to frame and fenders, ensuring the former are solidly attached and the latter don't rattle.

For the rest:

The drive train is a simple 2x9 system. A compact Sun Race crankset (50/34) and a MTB rear cassette (11-32) gives a gear range that is more than adequate for getting around town. Shimano derailleurs are controlled by Sun Race thumb shifters (indexed on the rear, friction on the front) - simple, no-nonsense, functional. Brand new chain installed.

Deore V Brakes controlled by Shimano brake levers. Nothing too fancy, just solid and reliable. Brand new salmon coloured Kool Stop pads.

Fresh cables and housing for all brakes and gears.

Fits 700x32C tyres under the fenders. Comes with brand new Schwalbe Delta Cruisers for some puncture protection without all the weight of a Marathon.

For your contact points, the grips are Velo Orange cork grips. The saddle is a vegan version of the classic Selle Italia Turbo. The pedals are large, comfy and gripping DMR V8s.

Included is a King Cage stainless steel water bottle cage.

This frame is used. Very well used. It used to be my touring and audax bike, I once did 400km in a day on it. It has also been used for courier work in the CBD bike and most recently as my go to bike for the cycling instruction that I do. I've been on it for tens of thousands of kilometres. The paint is holding up well as I do look after my bicycles, but unsurprisingly there are the odd chips and scrapes. It is a solid, robust frame, though, and it has plenty of life left in it.

It has just been given a full tune up and basically all the consumables are brand new (chain, cables and housing, tyres, brake pads) so it is ready to roll with no extra work or expense needed.

I'm looking for $1250. It is a used bike, but a well looked after one with many brand new components and high end customisation that on a brand new bike would be seeing you spend significantly more. I'm open to offers. Happy for people to come have a test ride before you buy.

Views: 341

Reply to This

© 2019   Created by DamianM.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service