Announcing- the Inner West Bicycle Coalition- first up, Lilyfield Rd

Bike Marrickville, Bike Leichhardt and ASHBUG have formed the Inner West Bicycle Coalition to present a more unified voice to the recently amalgamated Inner West Council and other authorities like Urban Growth and Westconnex. We are retaining our individual structures for the time being, but will endeavour to cooperate on the bigger issues through the Coalition, which will have a coordinator and input from the three groups.

Early days, and we don't presume to be the only cycling groups in the Inner West, so looking to join forces with others, including people or groups in Canada Bay, Burwood and maybe Canterbury. If interested let me know on info@bikeleichhardt.org.

Better still, join one of the three groups above and get in on the action.

Website www.iwbc.org.au

(Edit, I added Lilyfield Rd to the title, since that is the first matter we are looking at).

Views: 4049

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I do think the council had that in mind when it proposed the one ways. Plus it did very cleverly allow space for cyclists. Even RMS and SydBuses agreed with the idea. Another case of bike backlash overpowering reason as in https://www.citylab.com/transportation/2018/05/how-to-kill-a-bike-l...

but in this case it has allowed a rethink of the whole project

Why is Jamie Parker petitioning to stop a cycleway which has been "shelved"?

RSS

© 2018   Created by DamianM.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service