http://www.banggood.com/3-in-1-Bicycle-Wireless-Rear-Light-Cycling-...

USB chargeable light  

It looks like it's worth a $18.92 punt

Views: 575

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, indeed. It looks to me like you should invest $18.92 (does that include shipping?) and let us all know if it is as shitty as it is likely to be at that price. You know, as a public service. :-)

You know me, always out to help the public.

Expect a review or a rant in 3 months or so.

Once you've rebuilt your house after the USB-instigated fire?;-)

And it got bell too, if you do get it and see how do it react to Pokemon Go users.

Don`t know how loud or soft the bell sound is!!!

Looks fun, even come with a "bandage" presumably to stop your ears bleeding after the alarm goes off unexpectedly.

It came in a nice box. 

Looks about as bright as the Moon Comet rear.

Nice alarm sounds decent although I don't know how it'll work if a bike is parked where someone might bump into it

Not exactly discreet when activating / deactivating it.

Didn't see a bandage

'The bell' is pretty harsh and you have to use the 4th button on remote (it is possible to mount it on your handlebar) to activate it, an 'OI' would probably work better

The unit is rechargeable but you have to take it off the saddle mount.

Or you can 'lock' it to the saddle mount but you'll need a pretty long or accessible USB charger

Looks like it'd fill with water at the first sign of rain.

I'm afraid IPX5 doesn't cut it.

Having recently had four(!) rear lights permanently stop working due to rain, I'd be interested to know what to look for when it comes to rain-proof lights. Any advice?

get yourself a knog blinder or similar.

I've found anything that has an opening which is required to change batteries or charge it (eg: USB plug) has failed me with water ingress.

The knogs have a very clever USB plug arrangement that doesn't compromise any seals.

IP67 rated (1m immersion)

I've been using one of these and two of these (well, one is the 1W version, the other 0.5W but otherwise identical) on various bikes. Both run on AAA batteries, so no USB port to let water in, and I get a good run before needing to recharge. Both have both bracket mounts and a clip so you can attach to your jacket or backpack etc. I've had them for quite a few years now and although I don't ride in the rain a lot, they're all still working perfectly, never any trouble with water ingress.

I tend to have one on the bike and one on my backpack, so even if one goes flat on the way home I'll still have one working light (and then I have a belts'n'braces approach of keeping a set of small "barely legal" flashers in my backpack too - spare batteries might be going too far though ;-)).

The Radbots have the added advantage of a built-in red rear reflector to keep you legally compliant too.

Both good options, and under $30 too.

Yep, I've owned both of those at various times, and they were good and reliable for the year or two that lights tend to last for me before dying, presumably due to water ingress. But I've been seduced by the IP rating of the Knog - an interesting experiment for me.

You "don't ride in the rain a lot". My bikes are exposed to the rain 24/7.

Really unhappy with the superflash lights.  It isn't water ingress that's the problem, its shock causing temporary absence of battery connection causing the light to reset to "off."  Bloody unsafe. If I bought one I'd solder springs to the connectors to ensure constant contact under shock.

RSS

© 2019   Created by DamianM.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service