Cyclists beware - there are two crazy people driving around Sydney, who do NOT like cyclists. It's a dark red Mitsubishi sedan, their number plates are covered with cardboard with "TRAFFIC" written on in texta.

Yesterday afternoon the guy on the right threw a battery at me, and then got out of the car and punched me. I suppose that's assault and battery?

N.B. I have reported this to the police. They're not hopeful of catching them, given they don't have any good images of their faces, or a car rego.

UPDATE: A friend of a friend said this car is sometimes parked in Petersham. Keep your eyes peeled in that area.

FURTHER UPDATE: My business partners will kill me if I don't plug our bike shop, Omafiets Dutch Bicycles. If the people in the photo are identified, I would love to buy them a beer, and lend them a couple of bikes from the shop for a week, so they could ride around the Inner West. I think they'd be pleasantly surprised - and might make it a regular form of transport? They could even do the City of Sydney's free cycling courses.
I'm not interested in pressing charges. I think a better outcome would be if these people were able to gain a bit of insight, and empathise with other road users. There is too much antagonism on the roads, and I don't want to contribute to that.

Views: 41050

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I so wish I'd been there when this happened.

Just got a mention on Seven's Sunrise. You're all a bunch of vigilantes apparently !!

Nine's Today was also running a segment

it's also on the terrorgraph.  all the commentors are backing the driver's actions.  there's a nice little cross-section of tele readers for you...

They know car v cyclists articles are comment and click through monsters. They generate huge traffic. Advertisers love it. We are just the cannon fodder.

Totally.  I've just learned to be amused by the blind rage shown by drivers.  I even learned to laugh at the death threats on the road.  Sad, right?  Death threats........

... I kill you because you leave more petrol for me, reduce congestion, reduce parking demand, and if you own a car (or more vehicles) largely left at home you are subsidising their true per km costs to the tune of $$$ per year.

Love their logic.

Logic?

They couldn't even spell the word (five letters, you know).

Always sad to know who we really are sharing the roads with, whether on foot, or on two wheels or four. Both from the original driver and the responses to the article on the DT. Anyone tried to get a decent response to the articles published? or was this article bait for the DT to ramp back up their anti-cyclist agenda through selectively publishing replies (gosh here's hoping!) And what, no mention of Clover?

To be absolutely honest I have about 5gb of vid clips of stuff happening to me on the bike - over 15 months.

We have just fitted my wife's car with a dash mount DVR, and we have 16gb of clips of crazy stuff involving other cars only - in 8 weeks! My little bro is a doco maker so we are working on a short film about Sydney roads and their users over the next year or so.

Oh and all the comments about how cyclists dont pay rego - brain snap fools - any car wearing a traffic plate is unlikely to be registered by definition. I pay multiples more rego than they do. Clearly Chris (if going by the respondents critical thinking) had much more 'entitlement' to be on the road than they did.

good to have a doco in the works, props to you!

I have some (lots of) footage too if you would like to use it.

can't wait to see that

RSS

Community Ads

© 2017   Created by DamianM.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service