From NSW Police:

A cyclist has died after being struck by a car at Church Point, in Sydney’s north. 

Emergency services were called to Mccarrs Creek Road just before 10am today (Saturday 22 November 2014) after reports a Subaru and cyclist had collided. 

The male cyclist died at the scene. His age is not yet known. 

The 17-year-old male driver was not injured but has been taken to hospital to undergo mandatory blood and urine testing. 

Officers from Northern Beaches Local Area Command have established a crime scene and are investigating the circumstances surrounding the incident.

They’re appealing for anyone who witnessed the crash to come forward.

A report will be prepared for the Coroner.

Views: 11980

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Any plans by MCCC for a memorial ride?
Wednesday 7.15 am from Bonds, around AkB anticlockwise, followed by coffee / breakfast at bonds. Can you make it? You are welcome. Introduce yourself

It'll be a stretch to get back to the CBD for work sadly, otherwise I'd have been in.

I go to the café at the end of that road on my motorbike once in a while. I think its a pretty good cycling road due to the low motoring traffic. I wouldn't label this is as just an accident for fear of excusing a motorist from the stupidity of driving that aggressively that they ran wide on a corner, especially with so many cyclists about.

Yes. This. Thank you.

Despite comments about McCarrs Creek being dangerous, I've always felt far safer there than further down on Pittwater Road (I grew up at North Narrabeen and cut my teeth riding on Pittwater Road, so I'm no stranger to the area despite now living elsewhere).

If the vehicle had slammed into a car/bus imagine the different commentary being made…

I ride the McCarrs Rd descent from Terrey Hills to the West Head Rd turn off (not all the way through to Church Point) most weekends. There is a car I regularly see, I know it because it's the same model as mine and has a personalised plate. I'm guessing the guy must live down there somewhere, given I've seen him a few times. And I know it's him, because he's crossing double lines in to the oncoming descending cyclists to overtake those coming up the hill.

Once I can understand is a mistake - not an acceptable mistake, but still a mistake. But to do it repeatedly...

I assume you are not implying this is the same vehicle, but just another example of a habitually reckless driver?

If you have reason to believe it is the same Subaru, then you really need to report it.

Coincidentally, it is a Subaru, but I don't know if it's the same car as involved in the weekend's incident or not - I am almost certain it's not the same driver as he doesn't appear to be close to 17 and not displaying P-plates (although that doesn't necessarily mean he's not a P-plater).

Unfortunately without having reasonable physical evidence I suspect it'll be yet another he-said-she-said debate. I think the driver got the equivalent of a good Police talking to (which is about all I would expect would happen at best, based on others' feedback here) the last time. I saw it in his eyes...

The driver has been arrested and is due to appear in court 19th January.

I think he is going to have a bit more than a good Police talking to.

Cyclists injured by unauthorised makeshift speed hump on McCarrs Ck Rd

https://t.co/yV4qIltNdb?amp=1

To state the obvious, whoever did this should of worked thru the issue with the authorities.  Hope the fallen have a speedy recovery and the guy going to the UCI worlds still gets there.

The guy will not recover in time. Hopefully he can qualify next year and does not lose too much money on trip expenses let alone costs of new bike.

NSW Police apparently told one of the injured they could not care less (in other words) and now have no record of it even being reported....

Strap your helmet on and ring that bell on Monday for Operation Pedro becuase reasons.

JM

RSS

© 2019   Created by DamianM.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service