From NSW Police:

A cyclist has died after being struck by a car at Church Point, in Sydney’s north. 

Emergency services were called to Mccarrs Creek Road just before 10am today (Saturday 22 November 2014) after reports a Subaru and cyclist had collided. 

The male cyclist died at the scene. His age is not yet known. 

The 17-year-old male driver was not injured but has been taken to hospital to undergo mandatory blood and urine testing. 

Officers from Northern Beaches Local Area Command have established a crime scene and are investigating the circumstances surrounding the incident.

They’re appealing for anyone who witnessed the crash to come forward.

A report will be prepared for the Coroner.

Views: 11857

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The police need to be chased to take action on this one. A deliberate criminal act has resulted in multiple serious injuries to road users. The police should treat it in the same way as when someone throws a brick off a bridge over the freeway..

When a trucking company causes a death to a person in our community the Police seek many infringements on that company.

My complaint is who has allowed this death to occur?

Maybe... the speed limit should be lowered...

Maybe... a wider left kerb should be provided for cyclists...

Maybe... who is in control of this region?  And why did they not replaced by a more competent person?

Bottom line... no cyclist should be killed by a heavier vehicle driven at high speeds!

Regards

Steven

Steven, no one killed this time. Maybe I should have posted it as  separate thread, but then the earlier history of bad and dangerous drivers on McCarrs Ck Rd is lost. Seems it is still continuing despite some police attention in last few years, leading to residents apparently taking matters into their own hands. 

Scared the crap out of me, Bob. I thought, "Oh fcuk, not AGAIN!"

Perhaps Mr O' could cooperate by putting a date in the thread headline?

Yeah,-sorry.

RSS

© 2019   Created by DamianM.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service