Shared here as I think it's important to remind everyone that some drivers might not always follow the road rules. Stay safe out there.

https://www.kiamaindependent.com.au/story/5876368/you-fking-idiot-i...

Views: 756

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I find it disappointing that others are prepared to pay for his fines. One would hope that they are substantial.

With this nimrod unlikely to have a clean driving record, I'd imagine a small consolation, will be likely loss of license from double demerits for phone use plus driving on the footpath. It would be sweet justice if the same cops sprung him if he goes back to Ps and does something stupid (no doubt a daily occurrence) or drives while suspended!

Saw an AMG driver scream up behind a bunch of riders in Pyrmont this morning and pretty much word for word the same rant for not being in the bike lane. 

No thought to the fact riders were keeping up with traffic, that the light up ahead was red etc...  sheer unadulterated rage mixed with ignorance.

It really feels like NSW has gone backwards in terms of the bike Vs car issue. Riders should be super mindful that the comments on news stories and the views of the main stream media are literally putting you in more danger, it emboldens lethal drivers.

Take care out there.

JM

Apparently this character is "well known" to the local constabulary 

A classic own goal, and it was on a Double Demerits weekend too.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/driver-guilty-over-confrontatio...

Commenters are still going on about the cyclists “hogging the road” etc, but in the previous story in the SMH, the police Inspector said the driver got onto the path “a good 100 m behind  the cyclists”, so they weren’t given the chance to let him past,  even if they were obliged to.

Perhaps instead of sending him to driver's ed, they should have required him to do 100kms per week for the next year. Let him see what it is actually like to be on the receiving end of threats and abuse from a dickhead while they threaten him with a lethal weapon (the car).

I think every single motorist should have to do that 'Drivers Ed' before getting P Plates. 

Basically a course letting you know roads are to be shared and highlighting the real and drastic outcomes from dangerous driving.

That and first aid/trauma care before getting the P's!

JM

Correct!

I'm teaching my daughter to drive now, and there is still zip in the learner driver program about dealing with cyclists! 

And driving tests every 5 years.

Kiama Police should get some applause for their actions. Good work! Didn’t  put a wheel wrong, as they said about Carapaz when he won the Giro the other day. 

RSS

© 2019   Created by DamianM.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service