Fitz's Challenge updated: Sunday 30 October 2016

http://www.fitzs.com.au/

This was singularly the hardest ride I've barely survived even with a DNF result.

That was in 2012, and so scarred me that I avoided it 2013, 

I know the ride is doodle to some of our hard hard core riders , some who do 255kms without much preparation, but I do happen to like my BBQs, cheese and related accompaniments.

Yes, it's more than 6 months away,

Yes, registrations haven't started. (Early bird on-line registration should open early July 2014) 

Yes it's going into winter months

Yes I'll be away for several weeks in the next couple of months.

However, I'm thinking I (need to) have a plan for 2014,  (not to repeat going to a bowling club for drinks the evening before is probably the best of these  plans, and not waiting till 22 Oct to ask people for survival tips is probably almost on par with that ) ... and so, here I am, stating my intention to pick up pieces of my psyche this year.

Who else has this event penciled in? 

EDIT :  This year above meaning 2014, Sunday 26 October when the post was started.

Updated the title to reflect 2016

Views: 6472

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The bunch I knew spent about 10 days in the area - After summer - late Aug / Sept. Brilliant blue skies contrasting with bright green grasslands and grey/white peaks.

Was there in September but we didn't do this climb.

Dolomites are sooooo good.

Jealous! The photos I've seen are just amazing!

Spectacular, thanks for sharing :)

Really too easy?  Thanks.  I'll let you know how I go.  

There is always the Sydney-Melbourne 1200 (90 hours, supported) in November 2017 or the TransOz (Perth-Sydney) 4000 in July/August (you get 20 days though, unsupported), both good training for your 2019 trips Neil, or if you are quick there are still 9 places available for the GSR 1200 next week

The 165km Classic was a doddle of course. Really, the whinging that goes on here sometimes :-)

incredible achievement Paul, thanks for the extra effort of writing up a report.

Wow!  Great effort and top story.  Thanks and congratulations. 

awesome write up!

Thank you for your fantastic report Paul.

I had similar thoughts re deep rim wheels when I saw a few riders with them.

Excellent review

RSS

© 2020   Created by DamianM.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service