So my trusty Polar 610i has been diagnosed with a cracked case, probably as a result of having to calibrate and condense all those massive heartbeats I've been sending its way for the past six years or so. (As was established in a blog post below, NeilA's Polar is older, but then so's his heart.)

The equivalent latest model is the RS400 which goes for $250 or so. However, recent blog posts from the Fitz Epic showing all those lovely Garmin readings, wherein you can accurately measure just how big the hill was that nearly gave you a heart attack, got me thinking of a Christmas self-present. Think how much faster one will race home to download the data!

At the moment I've got an Echowell speed and cadence monitor vying for space with a light and the Polar monitor. A combined goo-gaw would free up valuable handlebar real estate. 

So I'm looking at the Garmin 500, a steal at $299 but then I note you've got to buy a speed/cadence sensor for about $69, and then there's mention of "combined with a heart rate monitor" so it would appear I'll be in the hole for another $69 for that. Real estate is getting more expensive..

Any advice, tech nerds out there? Are there any other players in the market? And if I do buy the Garmin, is that the make that gives annoying bleeps every time one stops or sets off, and if so can I get it to not do that cos it'll drive me bonkers ...

Views: 1112

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jason Donovan called. He wants his TV show back.

Yep, and it bounced back. Somewhere at home I've got a signed copy of that album - on vinyl.

SUS ... seriously ... Are you the Molly Meldrum of Kiwiland?

He seems to go by the name of "Princette" on that site:

I was born in Christchurch in 1976, and just grew up with this music, I loved it then and I love it now. I will always respect and love Kiwi pop and this is classic, this Ardijah, Dave Dobbyn, Fanclub and Supergroove along with Split Enz will live 4 ever

RSS

© 2020   Created by DamianM.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service