Someone's erected no cycling signs in the middle of the George St cycleway at Waterloo.  The signs are at either end of the Waterloo towers section where there is a shared path.  I believe the signs went up sometime over the last week and were erected by a group of residents in the towers.  At peak hour there is now a group of residents blocking cyclists using the path and gesturing to the signs.  The signs look unofficial but they are on solid metal poles and the residents were making claims to do with conflicting jurisdiction.

Does anyone know anything more about this?

I've called the City of Sydney and they said they would send someone down to investigate.

Views: 2881

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"rather than add a station to that line govt prefers to put a whole new tram line in."

Nobody ever said that "commonsense" was synonymous with "politician".

Adding another station on that line might drive more M5 traffic, if that's possible,

Pre airport line, trains normally went Redfern > Sydenham and then on to East Hills/MaCarthur which was about 15~20mins less time for the typical journey. Frequency has improved on the other hand though.

Is that the line from Bankstown, Sydneham that goes to North Sydney, Chatswood then west?

If so the building of the line is relieve capacity issues on the city circle etc etc, which will allow for a few more trains from the west and considerably more from the lower north shore

AFAIK the metro south proposal is for a new line under the harbour, through the Hungry Mile (aka Bangaroo).

Then Waterloo and Sydenham, where it must join the main existing line. Syd Uni wanted it to go past them but new Waterloo housing won the day, although probably more students would use.

from my understanding the station is further down

Not designed or decided as yet as far as I know.

So it could be there, or further down as you say.

based on a friendwho has a second hand danish furniture shop near the corner of Botany & Henderson st .she thought she had a long term lease but about 2 months ago was handed a letter to vacate as that cornr was where the station was going

I must be going through there with my eyes closed. Of all the places this would be one of the quietest least confrontational.  I am thinking horse shoe road and grass if there are issues.

yes

as long as you don't use the ped crossing at that junction, that is what worries the elderly residents there I have been told

So I just did an extensive tour of the towers region and put down my notes into open street map.

Here's the summary.  The footpath around the border of the block appears to me to be an SUP. (IANAL for all of this).  The path through the centre appears to be SUP.  Cope Street Western footpath from the Raglan Street roundabout to Redfern Street are a SUP.  Botany Road and Regent Street Eastern footpath from Raglan Street to Redfern Street are a SUP.  There's a drive way East of George on Phillip which leads to a pathway which is SUP.

If using any of these SUP connections around the George Street reserve area of Waterloo towers, be polite, be slow.  Personally I like the Cope, Turner, Renwick, Wells onroad route mentioned early, but investigated off-road routes for my fellow cyclists.

RSS

© 2019   Created by DamianM.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service