Some questions for anyone who might know:

In December last year, Duncan Gay announced $35 million for a cycleway ramp onto the Sydney Harbour Bridge, $20m for the north, and $15m for the south.
SHB announcement

Since then there doesn't seem to be any signs of progress. Is anyone aware of any further work, studies, bulldozers moving on the ground to turn this fuzzy line on a map into concrete?

In July last year, Andrew Constance the Transport Minister announced a great cycleway, the Inner West Greenway - 6.5km from Cooks River to Iron Cove
The Andrew Constance Inner West Greenway announcement

Likewise, does anyone know of them actually putting some concrete down to make this a reality? 

A bonus would be "possible future link to Hawthorne Canal through the railway cutting under Balmain Rd and Norton St" but I suppose that's anyone's guess.

Someone may be able to help if they can get some info, which seems hard to come by!

Views: 917

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I heard the Greenway project is in the detailed design phase and construction is to be in 2018. Ring Nick Chapman, the Greenway coordinator, at Innerwest Council, or check the website at greenway.org.au
Actually burgerall on the website, you'd think it rated more of a mention. Maybe Nick is having a sebatical.

I did see some surveyors working at the Longport St underpass site a few weeks back, this would substantiate being at the detailed design phase.

Hope they don't find any "unexpected problems" like water pipes etc. it's a very big abutment they have to ram a tunnel through.

IWBC has seen a draft budget for the project, has about $6.6m for Longport to Eliza St, in 2018/19 and 2019/20.

From the RMS website on the SHB cycle access

The community will be invited to provide feedback on the environmental assessment for the upgrade in mid 2017.

It's worth asking them when the proposal will be released.

Maybe here (RMS contact us)

or maybe the City of Sydney might know

Thanks for the contact name Bob.

Thanks also Paul. The RMS is pretty hard to get info out of, until things start happening.

I sent the RMS  a question about when the plans for the SHB ramp will be released to the public for review.

They replied (25th July) :

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

We are in the process of finalising all the documentation in relation to the Northern Cycle Ramp and as such will be seeking feedback from the community in the coming months (closer to the end of September/beginning of October).

will ask them again at start of Oct

Promised pedestrian side lifts unfunded. Lucky they didn't do the same for the ramp, or have they?
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-07-25/sydney-harbour-bridge-lift-ac...

Pretty bad cutting disabled people out. I wonder if wheelchair users will be allowed to use the bike side.

The Greenway coordinator is back from his sabbatical and there is now some information on progress on the tunnels etc in the May newsletter, a bit buried. Nick, for gorsake, put this up as a sticky.
http://greenway.org.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=articl...

Says there is a project coordinator at Innerwest Council, so we should get a name so we can ask for a progress report.

A design workshop for the bike ramp was held by RMS on 23rd of June.  Final design will be forwarded for public consultation.

RSS

Community Ads

© 2017   Created by DamianM.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service