There's some damage on my thermal bibs (it's a patch about 2cm by 3cm)

Has anyone used something to fix a thermal bibs?

Doing some preliminary research points to possibly

a/ Gear Aid Tenacious Tape Repair Patches  

or 

b/ Gore Tex repair kits

Any other options or tips?

Ta 

Views: 371

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

30 year old tent???

Steel is real?

I'm toying with bonding something like a strip from arm warmers or similar across the whole section.

Here's where design and handycraft skills could come in useful.

wetsuit repair kit?

Thanks. Looks like possibly the best solution. And I can fix that rip in my wetsuit too!

One thing I've found since then was that this item https://www.amazon.com/McNett-Iron-Mend-Repair-Black/dp/B000GT471S has been used to fix lycra and bibs in the comment section successfully 

So fingers crossed they look good when they arrive.

Rapha Festive 500 roundel?  

Novel idea, badges on my butt....

But don't I have to do some actual riding to get that ?

there is that ...

Eleri is on the money there, if DHBC does not have something suitable then an Audax 50, 100, 150 or 200 km cloth patch might cover the hole perfectly (9 x 6 cm), but to be symmetrical (so your pedalling is not impaired) you would need one for each side so may as well get all 4 to "cover" future needs (& CA members get Audax member ride fee rates). A 50, 100 & 150 in a season also gets you a nice Nouveau Randonneur patch (9x9) also suitable as a beer mat. Then of course there is the lovely 300, 400, 600 & 1000km medallions, but not suitable for nic repairs

I am pretty sure both Rapha and Audex will pay me not to do this.

If only the manufacturer offered me more than a 30% voucher! 

Top answer!

Yes Gore Tex repair was on my original post, but no one validated it could be used.

I did get a set at the same time (same seller) as Iron On Mend patch and will see which one I'll actually apply.

RSS

© 2019   Created by DamianM.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service