Just when we thought that things were looking up for bikes!

It had to happen eventually!  Just as things were starting to look up to getting more people out of cars and onto bikes as a means of transport, this arrives!

The Chinese Car is coming soon!      
This will beat all the low fuel consumption cars in the world!       
NEW CAR- FOR $600------- New Single Seat VW          New ride      
If you could go to Shanghai for a vacation, buy two or more of these cars, one for your wife and one for yourself, and one for
each of your kids, have them shipped to Canada and still spend less money than
if you bought a car in Canada. Getting the car(s) into USA , still an
ordeal.  This is not a toy, not a concept car. It is a
newly developed single seat car in highly aerodynamic tear-shape road-proven
real car. It is ready to be launched as a single-seater for sale in Shanghai in
2010 for a mere RMB 4,000 (US$600)!  Interested? Wait till you learn that it will
cruise at 100-120 Km/Hr with an unbelievable 0.99litre/100Km (258
miles/gallon)!  Impressed? Totally, after you have read all the
details below about the hi-tech and space-age material input into this
car!  The Most Economic Car in the World will be on sale
next year

Better than Electric Car - 258 miles/gallon: IPO 2010 in Shanghai
This is a single seated car 
From conception to production: 3 years and the company is headquartered in Hamburg ,
Germany . 
Will be selling for 4000 Yuan, equivalent to US$600.. 
Gas tank capacity = 1.7 gallons 
Speed = 62 - 74.6 Miles/hour 
Fuel efficiency = 258 miles/gallon 
Travel distance with a full tank = 404 miles

Views: 131

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Uh...., Yes nice Schmidt , but is that a Lanz Bulldog in the background?
Pretty sure that car wouldn't pass Australian safety standards.

Thats why the had to beef up "smart" cars i believe.
China has no interest in ecological and or sustainable nor ethical use of transport, there is just too much misguided aspirational ignorance.

Copenhagen proved that.
10 bicycles for every car might say different. Although I think this is rapidly changing.
people who prefer to have an audi rather than a house proves that.

And I do not mean that they choose a nice car over home ownership, I mean they choose a nice car over a place to live.

like I said misguided aspirational ignorance.

They won't ride bikes LOL if they did how many world champions or tour entries have we seen.

zero.
The "Bicycle" in China is changing
China now uses 120, 000, 000 e bikes. Why buy a car when a ebike will fit the need.

see
An Electric Boost for Bicyclists

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/01/business/global/01ebike.html?page...
I think they're pretty cool. Sure beats everyone buying a car.
Wow! Read a bit more here

How the hell are they creating a carbon-fibre shell, magnesium-body car for $600?

This car checks a lot of boxes for me:
- small footprint
- way more efficient
- maximum speed is a reasonable number (instead of twice the highest possible speed limit!!)

Of course, it is probably not as much fun as a bike and it is not going to help our unhealthy lifestyles.... It may just fuel the car-buying frenzy in China and India.... HHmmmm....

Here is the greatest thing though!!

IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO GET "DOORED" BY THE FLIP-TOP DOOR :-)

So maybe it will be something good for bikes ;-)

It may be a pipe dream to ban ALL cars from city centres, but perhaps with very affordable vehicles like these being available, at least they could create a large perimeter around the city (say 5km across) and only allow single-occupant vehicles like these to enter. At least then people would leave the family-size SUV at home.
They pose an interesting alternative transport, although they still consume oil and occupy a larger footprint than a bike. Unless they were with vehicles of the same height, they would experience the same sort of invisibility to motorists as recumbents do, so there could be a lot of bent ones before the tin pushers accept them as cars too. Although the intellectually challenged 4WD set would never see them at all.

We already have problems with the tin pushers and others using off road cycleways in ways that they are not intended. I can see these being driven along them with gay abandon at times that it suits the driver to avoid a busy road or take a more direct route.

If the population was to embrace this concept, which I doubt because "big is better", it would help to make cyclists more visible too, so they could become a 2 edged sword if they take on - no need for bikes if you can drive something as frugal as this. I suppose that at some stage VW would modify this to incorporate a rear seat too, without widening the vehicle and still having the good aerodynamics.

Would we see a single lane made into 2 narrow lanes to accommodate "small cars" and bicycles? I suspect not, but it does offer a more sensible solution than the mess that we currently have.
Real car, real figures but "ready to be launched.... for sale in Shanghai for $600" is rubbish. VW have approved a limited production run for this year and I'd be surprised if it was sold anywhere but Europe. I think it's a great idea, almost like a motorbike with a cover in some ways with it's small size, I wonder if I can chain 3 of them together in a line to transport my family...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_1-litre_car
Is WOB L1 pronounced "wobbly"?
VW always seem to have a "WOB" on the number plates of their on-road promo pics. e.g. VW Golfs will have WOB GO ### or something.

But I like your reason much better.

RSS

© 2019   Created by DamianM.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service