London to Sydney Charity Cycle - Bike to the Future (need your help!)

Hi all,

I'm James from England and I've spent the last year on an around the world cycle tour  from London to Sydney. I've covered 20,000km through 27 countries on my way through Europe and Asia. I arrived to Australia in Perth, cycled across the Nullabor, and arrived to Melbourne a few days ago. In a couple of days I will be making my way up the coast to Sydney for the final leg of my trip.

I am fundraising for a great charity called Solar Aid, who are working to eradicate the kerosene lamp from Africa through renewables. I keep a blog and update regularly at www.jamesdesmond.com where people can donate online.

To mark the end of the trip I am trying to organise a fundraising event in Sydney, where I can give a talk/presentation on my adventures on the bike. I don't really have any contacts in Sydney so I thought contacting cycle clubs would be a good place to start! My aim would be to raise some funds for the charity, either by donation or small entrance fee, and to talk also a little about the great work solar aid are doing.

So I am looking for anyone who might be able to help me out, or point me in the direction of someone who may, with organising such an event.

I will be in sydney in around 2 weeks and plan to stay another 1-2 weeks after that, so i would be looking to do it sometime in July.

Many Thanks and Happy cycling to all!

James
www.jamesdesmond.com
t: @jamesdesmond
fb: biketothefuture2012

Views: 199

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi James, good effort, and great cause.

You could try contacting some of the outdoor adventure and bike stores in the city. I think Mountain Designs and City Bike Depot have hosted similar events in the past. Could also try Paddy Pallin, Mountain Equipment, Atelier de Velo.

Thanks Chris, I will try and hunt out the emails and drop them a line :)

RSS

© 2019   Created by DamianM.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service