A bit mysterious, definitely unofficial, should be a bit of fun...

(edit: Image updated for 2013 version)

Views: 13140

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Don't worry about it too much. There are not likely to be any cars on that section, particularly from Calga to the Central Coast Hwy. 

Make sure you have working lights, I take three with me when I know I am going to be riding in the country at night (and I have them flashing). 

In one ride I've had one tail light taken off a failing mudguard, another which ejected itself and got caught under the brake bridge causing a very quick stop and the last borrowed one go flat on me. 3 head lights is not a bad idea.

Does Audax US or Europe have a 2 sets of lights rule?

Have been waiting ages to do this but cant find a weather forecast I like at the moment. 7 or 8 hours of riding in the dark and rain? Nope...

According to Accuweather, ~16% chance of rain through the entire night.

1 hour, 1mm rain is the latest per Accuweather for Saturday night. 

Dont mean to to be the party poop but  its not Sydney I am worried about. I am looking more at Gosford and the surrounds.

Yeah.... thats looking pretty bad actually... 70% chance of rain throughout the night....

True. Gosford looks worst -  10mm over 5 hours.  Wyong 4mm 2 hours and Newcastle and Sydney 1 to 2mm and 1 hour. 2 days out is pretty vague. Worth keeping an eye on. 

Doing this route for the first time in the dark was a pretty big decision for me. If its going to be pouring, im most probably gonna have to bail :( Ill just have to play it by ear on the night.

Can always start it and see how it goes. Could probably do up to Mt Colah as a last chance to turn around point or something

Yeah this is a good plan. Start and assess as we go. Also, I've already ordered my pasta meal! 

I'll make sure I wear my SC badge with Bert and Ernie on it.

See you all there, rain, hail or shine. well maybe not shine, that would be a little strange...

well maybe not shine, that would be a little strange...

Not necessarily. There will be a near-full moon reflecting sunlight back to you through any gaps in the clouds.

Let's hope they are big gaps, too!

RSS

© 2019   Created by DamianM.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service