Is that`s a discrimination to lycra wearing riders??

From Road.CC

More in googlesearch

I`d rather fart in this pub to make more stinking complaints and move drunken customers out of my way..

Errr, Raffles Hotel, what did they win in raffles?,what a sh!t???

Views: 870

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

On the other hand, this could also be their policy!

It's not unusual. Back in the 90's cycle couriers were banned from most pubs in the Sydney CBD, the King George Tavern being a notable exception.

I've worked in many pubs with bans on sporting attire, or fluoro shirts and workboots. It may not be right, but it's legal as long as it is universally applied and not used to discriminate against individuals.

No, not the first.

In 2013 I stayed for a few days at the Yaralla Sports Club complex in Gladstone.

Yaralla Sports Club Dress Code!

Note item #2!

No sports clothing allowed in a sports club. Straya!

Did someone say "Straya!"?

I was surprised when I first saw the dress code in the lift to my room.

No leotards.

That was the deal breaker for me.

I checked out and moved into the YMCA!

My YMCA's dress code sign states:

"Patrons shall not be admitted wearing the following:

- Biker apparel 

- Cowboy attire

- Police uniforms

- Native American dress

- Navy uniforms

- Utility repairs uniforms"

Dang!

Interestingly, you are allowed in if you're a macho macho man.

Haha, so true.

The sports clubs are about eating food and feeling thin while your boofhead loves of choice do the exercise, is that right?

IIRC the article I read about this said the hotel had put the ban in because of the safety issue of bikes potentially falling over. I'm not sure how wearing something other than Lycra stops a bike from falling over though? Or perhaps they could invest in providing some equipment to secure the bikes, and welcome the cashed-up MAMILs who have an easy means of transport to get themselves to a venue that wants their business.

In applying the "no Lycra" policy they will of course need to check everyone's clothing labels very carefully, as Lycra is a fairly ubiqituous fabric. You can't turn away bib knicks while allowing jeggings. In fact you just shouldn't allow jeggings to start with.

Given that Lycra is a brand name and not present in all cycling wear, what would happen if cyclists turned up in their polyester spandex kit and could prove nothing they were wearing contained "Lycra".

Other garments that would include Lycra or its non branded counterparts of spandex or elastane would include
Stretch jeans
Tights
Polo shirts
Chinos
Underwear
Socks
Dresses
Shorts
Etc etc

So really the only option would be to go into the hotel nude, anything else would be against their policy.

RSS

© 2019   Created by DamianM.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service