Trek Bicycle Corporation (Australia) Pty Ltd — Trek Kickster Balance Bicycles MY2013-2019

Photograph of 2013 1548000 Kickster Red
Photograph of 2016 15480001113 Kickster Pink
Photograph of 2017 15480001014 Kickster Black Blue
Photograph of 2018 547723 Kickster Black Red
Photograph of 2019 547724 Kickster Pink

Identifying features

SKU
15480001013, 15480001014, 15480001113, 547723, 547724 .

What are the defects?

The clamp that holds the steer tube in place may break when over-tightened, due to uncontrolled die temperature of the aluminium during the manufacturing process.

What are the hazards?

If the steer tube clamp breaks, the handlebars may come off the bicycle, which may result in a fall or injury to the child.

What should consumers do?

Consumers with affected Trek model bicycles should immediately stop using their bicycles and take them to a Trek retailer for inspection and repair. Affected bicycles will be fitted with replacement clamps that hold both the steer tube and seat post (the clamps are interchangeable).

For further information, contact Trek Australia by telephone on 02 6173 2400 or email customerservice_australia@trekbikes.com

Traders who sold this product

Authorised Trek Retailers

Where the product was sold
Nationally
Dates available for sale
  • 21 September 2012 - 16 April 2019

Recall advertisements and supporting documentation

Responsible regulator

Australian Competition and Consumer Commission is the responsible regulator for this recall.

Views: 36

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for all these PSAs, I have a question : how do if find if this US recall notice is also applicable in Aus ?

https://salsacycles.com/salsa_waxwing_fork_recall

I suggest contacting Salsa direct through their website. Recalls I post about all come from ACCC website:

https://www.productsafety.gov.au/recalls

but there are no recent recalls for Salsa components. Dirtworks used to be the importer but they don't appear to stock Salsa any more. There is nothing on their website or on the SCV Imports website - they are also prominent importers of cycling gear.

As a general rule, recalls from USA or Europe filter through to the ACCC within a fairly short time-frame if the item is sold in Australia through retail outlets.

Thanks.

I'll let it take its natural course then, it was just something that popped up when I was looking at the waxwing forks (which seems you can't seem to buy independently anyway) 

RSS

© 2019   Created by DamianM.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service