Question about Audax Aust insurance while on non-sanctioned events (e.g. Newcastle Overnight)

Hi,

Tried writing to membership@audax.org.au but didn't get a reply, I was hoping someone here would either know the answer of put me in touch with someone who does:

I am considering joining Audax Australia, I'm interested in participating in some of the rides (when I get a little fitter) and am also interested in the insurance. I just have a couple of questions: 

1. Is insurance between now and November also be included in this offer of 15 months membership?
"New members joining after 1 August will receive up to 15 months' membership for the payment of one year's fees (or 3 years and 3 months for cost of a 3-year membership)" 
"a) Individual members are covered for any activity involved with cycling 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week.
b) Cover does not extend to include participating in non-Cycling Australia/BMX Australia/Mountain Bike Australia/Pedal Power ACT sporting events, fun runs/rides or competitions"
I don't really understand this clause, it seems almost self contradiction. (a) seems clear, we are covered 24/7 while riding; but then (b) seems to say that if you are in, say, a ride organized by someone not on their list you are not covered. Or am I reading this wrong?
Thanks for your help, I look forward to signing up.

Views: 432

Replies to This Discussion

You need to ask these kind of questions of the insurer. Even my credit card provider made me call the insurer when if I had questions about the travel insurance benefit and I can assure you that my credit card provider has far more resources at it's disposal than Audax Australia.

RSS

© 2019   Created by DamianM.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service