Cycling in Sydney Australia
So, I've done some mods to my foldable - still a work in progress, and I thought I would share some pics.
I've done the following:
- added clipless pedals (donated from my road bike)
- replaced the bigbutt seat with a spare rode bike one I had
- replaced the handlebar stem with an adjustable. I also cut down the stem to drop it even further
- new "bull horn" handlebar and handlebar bracket
- add bar end brake levers (on order)
- add small thumb shifters (on order)
- update brake lines (current cables are not long enough for bar end brake levers
- wrap the handlebar (on order)
Once done, I'll be happy to ride this on weekends with the roadies.
Almost ready to race
Folds smaller than the original thanks to the new placement of the handlebars.
The only question I still have: Should I remove the rack and mudguards?
Peter, mud guards are perhaps an indulgence but a rear rack always seems to come in handy especially when you need a place to carry some wet weather gear and tools and a spare tube etc MattS
Bar end brake levers are installed. I had lots of fun with them... They were for a 20mm internal diameter handlebar and I had 18.2mm internal. Fortunately their design allowed me to reduce the diameter of them without impacting their strength.
Next will be the thumb shifters and then the bar tape. And then I'll be ready to take on the roadies ;)