Cycling in Sydney Australia
Wyong to Windsor via the Old Great North Rd
11-12 April 2017
I planned a simple overnight ride through some of my favourite riding country west of Wyong. The plan was to catch a morning train to Wyong and ride west through the Yarramalong Valley, enjoy an early…Continue
Credit to Si for "Egocentric statistical nerdom" title.
A quick stocktake of my year cycling in 2011.
- joined Audax Australia (the long distance cycling club)
- dnf'd my first audax ride (rear gear cable snapped), completed 1 x 100, 5 x 200, 1 x 300.
- rode the 3 Peaks event in March (a ride that makes all the others seem ok)
- rode inaugural Canberra-Mogo Zoo2Zoo in Sept
- rode first 300km audax in Oct
- rode Sydney-Dubbo…Continue
I recently rode a charity ride from Taronga Zoo, Sydney, to Western Plains Zoo, Dubbo over 3 days in October (read more here).
After resting in Dubbo overnight I rode off on my own personal cycling tour from Dubbo to Canberra. It was a small "t" tour, staying in motels and buying my food along the way.