Cycling in Sydney Australia
Wyong to Windsor via the Old Great North Rd
11-12 April 2017
I planned a simple overnight ride through some of my favourite riding country west of Wyong. The plan was to catch a morning train to Wyong and ride west through the Yarramalong Valley, enjoy an early lunch (plus toilet and water stop) at the Yarramalong…Continue
Credit to Si for "Egocentric statistical nerdom" title.
A quick stocktake of my year cycling in 2011.
- joined Audax Australia (the long distance cycling club)
- dnf'd my first audax ride (rear gear cable snapped), completed 1 x 100, 5 x 200, 1 x 300.
- rode the 3 Peaks event in March (a ride that makes all the others seem ok)
- rode inaugural Canberra-Mogo Zoo2Zoo in Sept
- rode first 300km audax in Oct
- rode Sydney-Dubbo…Continue
I recently rode a charity ride from Taronga Zoo, Sydney, to Western Plains Zoo, Dubbo over 3 days in October (read more here).
After resting in Dubbo overnight I rode off on my own personal cycling tour from Dubbo to Canberra. It was a small "t" tour, staying in motels and buying my food along the way.